From Oven to Expo – The Summer Glam, Kochi – E2-2605

Oven to Expo
There are moments in a journey that feel like a small but meaningful milestone — and for me, participating in The Summer Glam exhibition in Kochi was exactly that.

Held at Avenue Center in Panampilly Nagar on 8th and 9th of May 2026, ‘The Summer Glam’ brought together a beautiful mix of women-led brands, creativity, and passionate entrepreneurs under one roof.

And in the middle of all that vibrant energy, I had my own little space— a stall filled with healthy baked goodies, made with love, for guilt free indulgence.
Behind the Bake
My journey with baking has always been evolving. I love experimenting with new desserts and indulge in them wholeheartedly - but often, that indulgence is followed by the familiar guilt of “too much sugar.”

That’s where one simple thought has always intrigued me— why can't something healthy also taste and feel indulgent?

Stepping Beyond Comfort
There was so much to think about, especially in finalising the menu.

In the past, I’ve largely focused on brownies — something I was confident about. But today, the market is saturated with countless brownie brands, especially on platforms like Instagram.

While brownies remain close to my heart, a strong instinct nudged me to try something different — to move beyond what I knew best and explore what I was still learning.

With that mindset, I tried curating a selection of baked goodies that were :
- wholesome,
- thoughtfully made and
- balanced in taste and nutrition

I didn’t want people to feel like they were “compromising” when choosing “healthy”

I wanted them to enjoy every bite — fully and unapologetically.

Over the past few months, I’ve consciously trained myself to experiment with alternatives to conventional baking — incorporating new ingredients, techniques, and ideas. One lesson that has stayed constant through this journey is simple yet powerful: Nothing matters more than taste. Presentation, ingredients, packaging, ambience — all of it fades away if the product itself doesn’t deliver on flavour and feel.

The days leading up to the event were a mix of excitement and nervous energy. There was so much to manage — finalising the menu, preparing batches fresh, packing and labelling, and planning the stall setup.
And honestly, nothing quite prepares you for the moment when the doors open and people start walking in!

When It All Came Together
As the day began, the space quickly filled with energy — people exploring, chatting, discovering new brands.

While every sale felt rewarding, what truly stayed with me were the small, beautiful interactions:
• A French tourist was pleasantly surprised to discover deserts made with millets - She loved the Vancho Marble Minis.
• Someone tasting a Nankhatai sample and instantly picking up a pack.
• A mother and daughter from Mumbai appreciating the texture of millet-based goodies. And when I mentioned I am still learning, they said “you have some magic in your hands”.
• A Gujarati family was fascinated to see a variety of eggless bakes.
• I was delight to reconnect with a long-time customer who had previously purchased my cookies - she fondly recalled how delicious they were.
• I also ran into an old school classmate, who picked up the Seed & Dates Brownie.
• A customers who coming back to buy more after trying something they loved.
• The neighbouring stalls - a cinnamon roll shop and a spice store - also complimented my ability to engage with customers, noting how comfortably I communicate and explained my products.


These weren’t just transactions — they were moments of connection, encouragement, and validation. Those moments made all the effort worth it.

Being part of this exhibition wasn’t just about selling — it was a learning experience.

Thank You!
A big thank you to the organizers of The Summer Glam for creating such a wonderful platform that celebrates small businesses and women entrepreneurs. Kudos! to the volunteers for ensuring everything ran so seemlessly.

And to everyone who stopped by my stall — whether you tasted, purchased, or simply shared a kind word — thank you.

Your support, curiosity, and encouragement mean more than I can express.

If you tried something and loved it — I’d love to hear from you. – (You can share your review here: Google reviews)

And if you couldn’t make it this time, don’t worry… this is just the beginning 🙂

“Kochi showed up for healthy indulgence — I can’t wait to bake for you again.”

For ordering you can reachout to me in:
Whatsapp - +91 82899 01784 (Link - Whatsapp message)
Instagram - @Sweet_Cuspid_munchies (Link - Insta Profile)

Watch on insta - video

Comments